Jun 7, 2007

The road trip begins

First destination... Dundee!

Marni will be joining us on the roadtrip around Scottish Highlands, so tonight we're staying over at her place.

So off we go...

We are here...

... We wanna go here


It was raining... (see below for *alkisah*)

Crossing the Firth of Forth

The landscape looks promising...


We were on the right track...

Banyak kereta on the road...

The sky was grey and gloomy... was this a sign for the days to come??

Green hills... no pokok in sight

Then the sky cleared up and the dramatic landscape appeared

Woohoo... the sun is out again !



A bit of a *dumb blonde* moment for me masa ambik kereta. Dah lama tak bawa manual and sekali dapat kereta besar RAV4 pulak... I've never driven an SUV drive before. Punya lah tekan, belek... still couldn't get the car into gear. I dah keluar nak pergi tanya the office dah when I decided to give it another try.

Foolish me... instead of tekan clutch I tekan brake. Mana lah nak masuk gear. Duh!!

That wasn't it... then had problems with the wiper pulak. It was raining and the use of a wiper was critical. Tapi I couldn't get it to turn on. I could only get it on sekejap je... like those when nak cuci cermin sekejap. Tapi instead of spending another 5 minutes to figure it out (yes, that's how long it took me to realise that I had pressed the brake instead of the clutch), we drove on. After a while I decided "tak boleh jadi ni". So stopped the car by the road side and belek the toggle again.

Duh!! Why didn't I think about tarik turun ke bawah instead of pusing. I felt so dumb...

So there, kisah my *blond moments* ;)

No comments: